TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Who can repair a Sony XL-2100? i put in new replacement bulb…

Who can repair a...

Who can repair a Sony XL-2100? i put in new replacement bulb and have no picture. Flashing red light.

Technician's Assistant: What Sony product do you have?

XL-2100 TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony is Brand. Model number 2100. I don't know age.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, I can't get TV menu to work. Picture screen is dark. When I hit power, a green light comes on for a moment, and then shifts to flashing red. It sounds like the fan turns on for a moment, and then shuts off.

3/20/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Can you please try to get the model number off the back of the tv? (not the lamp part number)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've moved to the TV. How much will this cost?

I am just a technician assigned to help you with technical issues. I am not allowed to discuss billing with you, so please see the website help pages for that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model kdf-50we655
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let's continue with text

Thanks. If you look closely at the red blinking LED it will be blinking in a repeating pattern. Like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks pause, or maybe 5 blinks pause 5 blinks pause... What is your blink pattern?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Three blinks and a pause

Thanks

3 blinks means the tv thinks the lamp DOOR(s) are not put onto the tv properly and/or the lamp is not inserted fully into the tv... Please try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord

-pull the lamp out

-put the lamp back in carefully make sure it is seated fully

-put the lamp DOOR(s) onto the tv and make sure it is LOCKED/screwed closed.

-plug in the tv power cord and try to power on.

REPLY back let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Working on it

Ok.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Solid red light
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What now?

Did you press the power button on the tv?

Did the tv attempt to turn on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Back to three blinking lights

The tv still thinks the lamp is not seated properly and/or the door is on put onto the tv and locked. There are two switches INSIDE the tv that detect those. If you are SURE the arms on the lamp are straight and properly clicking into place AND the lamp door is properly put on the tv AND locked - one or both of those internal switches may have been damaged. The entire back of the tv has to come off to fix/replace those internal switches. This is very complex process and should be done by a local authorized servicer. Let me know if you want help finding a trusted repair shop near you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please advise about a tech.

Sure, can you provide me with your zip code please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
49631.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Out in the middle of nowhere. LOL!

Got it, few minutes to look that up....

Bob's Tv (###) ###-####*****SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Millbrook Service (###) ###-####*****SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548

Blackies Tv repair (###) ###-####*****SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All of those are 11/2 to 2 hours away. Anyone closer? Some cities near me are Big Rapids, Cadillac,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you get my previous message?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there someone closer? Big Rapids, Cadillac?

Sorry there's nothing listed in Big Rapids area. Grand Rapids is the closest.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I am sure that a*****for service may not be feasible. But I will check. Thanks

You're welcome.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician