TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio tv that my husband brought for me. I never…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio...

I have a Vizio tv that my husband brought for me. I never really used it. When we separated I took it along with the small black Vizio remote and I think I may not have taken the correct remote for the tv. I have a direct tv remote which I thought was a universal remote.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Model is E48u-Do I have these two remotes but I can’t get the tv to work, I have connect an amazon black box to the tv but I can’t get it to work and currently on my screen it has home, movies, tv shows up on the screen along with a screen that wants me to hit decline or accept activity data and terms condition. I can’t get that off the tv screen

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

The menu Bitton on the direct tv remote doesn’t do anything. No menu tab on Vizio black remote. When I was with my husband we had direct tv but here I was trying to watch tv by using the black box from amazon

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/21/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Vizio E48u-D0..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...amazon black box..."

Please try using the remote control that came with the "...amazon black box..."