TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Overnight change in color. People are blue with orange

Overnight change in color...

Overnight change in color. People are blue with orange background. Have talked with Cox Cable and Samsung rep.

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

LN40B650tIFXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Only this tv. Yes menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

As I said the change was overnight

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

This tv is 10 years old. But never had any problems

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

DVD and cable service. Yes. DVD was checked and the color is same as tv
Let’s continue text
Are you there?

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Is this a scam?

No, it is not a scam

Did you get my previous reply?

Everything you mentioned has been tried

OK, does the TV own menu screen show up with correct/ normal colors when pushing the menu button on TV remote?

I’ve gone into the color menu . It doesn’t correct color

Maybe I wasn't clear in the previous message

TV shows Menu graphics screen when hit menu button, correct?

Does that menu graphic screen come up with normal colors OR also affected?

it does

Please reply with bit details, - Yes it does - confused me

1- Does that menu graphic screen come up with normal colors?

2- OR also affected?

It comes up with normal color. Which is white letters.

OK, we need to verify the TV by connecting another video source such as DVD player etc

Can you do that, please?

OK, please reply back with the result

The color on the DVD is still blue and orange

Ok, unfortunately, it is the mainboard internal fault that is causing incorrect color on the picture, replacement of the mainboard is needed at this point to resolve the problem, sorry for this news

Please click the following link to view the mainboard image and part number info to search/ google it if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/ln40b650t1fxza

Since it is an old model so not worth to take it on repair shop as it would cost more than buying a new TV of the same size. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started