TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It's not turning on. It's making a clicking sound like it is…

Customer Question
It's not turning on ...

It's not turning on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It's making a clicking sound like it is trying to turn on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/20/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you there?

Yes

My replies will take at least 2-3 minutes to appear here...

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Is there a faster way to chat?

This is the chat service.

-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

I see I can call you for $26...how much is it to chat?

The site sent you the phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

If you have questions on the prices of this service, go to the website help pages, check your account, as I am not allowed to discuss billing here. I am only a tv tech.

We can chat but this doesn’t seem to be working
I’m on my phone. Is there a way to chat through the website?

Using your phone is not ideal. I would recommend switching to PC....

Model number: UN46C8000XF
Samsung / 2010
50”

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will cost about the same or more than a new 50" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

I'm on my computer now

basically the only advice was to plug and unplug?
No, I'm not happy with the service.
If that's the case, the right thing to do would have been to not accept my case once I said that unplugging didn't work.
Not your fault I understand, so I will not leave you a rating.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

My name is***** am a different technician, if you wish to do work yourself with the set (after a diagnosis)let me know,in a nutshell we need first to establish which board is bad (I will help you with that)and then the board is ordered and fitted in the set, so what I need to know first is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set?if lit solid what color is it please?or isit not lit at all?

Anthony