TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Well Im not sure how to say this but the painters moved the…

Well Im not sure...

Well Im not sure how to say this but the painters moved the tv yesterday and when I went to turn on the tv the channels had to be reset and I cant get them back to the way it was It only works on the menu bar where it says tv. but it was on comp 1 where the whole screen is used I tried to reset the channels and It wont work on comp 1 just on the tv in the menu

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yea all plugged in fine

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

3/20/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

It only works on tv mode

What is connected to the Comp-1 input of the TV?

The tv and cable box

OK, what happens when select Comp-1 input on the TV?

Nothing that's where I use to watch but when I reset the channels it only works on tv mode

OK, please make sure the video cables are plugged securely into the back of the TV and cable box

Checking again but all looks good

OK, please reboot the cable box, unplug its power cord from the power outlet for a minute, replug back in to reboot it

Ok

Thanks

Did it an nothing

Please select Component-1 input on the TV, do you get a video signal on TV now while cable box is rebooting that takes few minutes to finish?

Got nothing what I really need is just that the tv would work on comp. 1 like it use to

Thats what we're trying to troubleshoot here, let me opt out to repost this question for other techs to look into for further assistance

Thanks

Aric, Technician

Upon reading this, I can say with certainty that if the TV no longer works on Component 1 to play your cable box then the box was disconnected from the component inputs. Or they plugged the box into a different set of jacks. Now you're going to need to look at the back of the TV and confirm exactly what cables are plugged into where. Let me know.

Got it working ty you did good

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Sure and ty again

Thank you!