TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Light comes on tv wont light up. Tc-55dx650x Panasonic 1…

Light comes on tv...

Light comes on tv wont light up

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Tc-55dx650x Panasonic 1 month old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Dark screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing

3/20/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are you saying the power light is simply lit steadily and won't respond when you press the power button?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it flashes

Elaborate please- trouble shooting depends on it. It only flashes as you are pressing the power button, or it's flashing all the time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all the time

Check for a pattern of the flashing (these typically blink a code). For example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc. Let me know exactly what you see.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just single blinks

Alright, this indicates a premature hardware failure in the TV in most cases and generally requires repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still dark light blinks

You said this TV was just purchased brand new a month ago please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
maybe 2.5 months its only used when im here not much

Thanks for the reply. This is bad news unfortunately and the TV has failed already and requires service. The flashing light indicates an SOS- meaning a component inside of the TV has malfunctioned. You will need to contact the retailer and inquire on starting a warranty repair ticket on the set at this stage I'm afraid as there are no pushbutton or quick fixes for this.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician