TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Westinghouse smart Tv but suddenly when I try

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Westinghouse smart Tv but suddenly when I try netflix or youtube all I get is Network Intializing

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No just Network Initializing but it never comes on

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Its' not plugged into the internet just cable

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/20/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Waiting the 10 min..

thank you

Just turned back on and I still get the Network Initializing message..
the power switch on the TV just doesn't seem to work though nothing happens with it only the remote

Can you give me the model of the TV, please?

WD24HB2600

Thanks

I want you to reset the TV please, this will remove all content and return it to new.

To do this

Use the remote that came with your Westinghouse TV, and press the "Menu" button. The TV screen will display the menu options labeled "Video," "Display," TV," "Audio," Power" and "Settings."

Step

Scroll through the options listed on the on-screen display, and select "Settings." The following options will appear from within the "Settings" section: "Language," "OSD Timeout," "Transparency," "Timezone," "Quick Install Matrix," "System Info" and "Factory Reset."

Step

Select the "Factory Reset" option from the options list.

Once done, set it up and tell me how it then operates please

ok I hit factory reset and it wants a password ***** have no idea what the password *****

use either 0000 or 1234