TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When the tv is in standby with the visio emblem light red…

When the tv is...

When the tv is in standby with the visio emblem light red ,then you turn tv on it changes to white and tv screen lights for a second then shuts down into standby.tv will not stay on?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Vizio TV?

There was not now

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what to do next

3/20/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

it still does the same

Ok, can you disconnect everything from the TV, then connect only the power cable

Then power it on and tell me what then happens please

ok I did and still the same

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

it is doing the same it lights up how much warrenty is there on a visio tv factory warenty?

It is dependent on the reseller, please contact the reseller in order to see if they have a valid warranty for you

Richard, Technician