TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sony tv keeps turning off and a red blink shows what does…

Customer Question
My sony tv keeps...

My sony tv keeps turning off and a red blink shows what does the red blink mean

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Sony XBR65X850E 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it does, all the other inputs works, the hdmi's work fine, it just turns off int the channels input

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your XBR65X850E? What happened right before this?

Less then a week, i was watching a series in the cable box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Blinks six times, and only had the troublesome with the channels input

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/20/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please