TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung UA60JS7200 tv. Most days when I turn it on…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung UA60JS7200 tv. Most days when I turn it on it will go to screen saver mode after about 10 minutes, mostly it will do it maybe once or twice and then it’s ok. Last night it was doing this every 5-10 minutes which is most annoying. It has done this before but it’s quite random. By screen saver I mean the screen goes blank and the Samsung logo will float across the screen. The sound is not affected. Can you tell me ir there is a settin in the menu that may be able to switch the saver off?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your UA60JS7200?

There are hdmi cables for Foxtel , chrome cast and a Samsung home theatre as well as a sonos sound bar and rear speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/20/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This is caused by the "Auto Protection Time" feature.

If the screen displays a still image for a certain period of time you define, the TV activates the screen saver to prevent the formation of burnt in ghost images on the screen. Please follow these steps to adjust it:

Go to Screen Menu > System > Auto Protection Time and select a time from the list shown.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------