TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do you take the pedestal off an LG tv so I can mount on…

How do you take...

How do you take the pedestal off an LG tv so I can mount on a computer monitor stand>

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Model 24ma31d manufacture 2012

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv works well. I am simply trying to take the stand off so I can mount it via the visa (sp??) four hole in the back. I want mount it on a monitor stand.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 24MA31D? What happened right before this?

Nothing is wrong. I am simply trying to take the pedestal ...that came with it...off and do not want to break it in doing so.

3/19/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

Thanks for your patience,

Lay the tv face down on a cloth or towel, and on the underside of the base (the flat part that sits on the table/desk), you'll see a large screw. Use a coin or large screwdriver to unscrew that (turn left / counterclockwise), and then the flat part of the base will pull straight off of the "neck" portion of the stand.

The neck portion then slides out of the back of the tv.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you still there?

Yes I sent an answer above about 5 minutes ago. Please scroll up to see it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took the flat part off and the neck will not move down.

There may be a screw into the back through the neck (there are a few variations of this model).

If that doesn't do it try squeezing in slightly while pulling it off (down and away from the back)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is a lock symbol to the right. I stuck a screwdriver in there hoping to feel somehting to press...but nothing.

That is a lock slot for a security cable.

Grasp the protruding part of the neck and lift straight up toward you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it. Thanks! Have a wonderful evening!! :-)

Great! Glad that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started
Nathan, Installer