Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I recently purchased a new Samsung Series 6 smart TV. I

Customer Question

I recently purchased a new Samsung Series 6 smart TV. I hooked up my Magnavox DVD/VCR player (MDV560VR) to the new TV. I was trying to play a DVD and the picture is black and white. I can't figure out why it won't go to color. I think I've tried everything. Is DVD/VCR too old for the new TV?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It's brand new, Samsung Series 6 UN50MU630DFXZA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu works. I only have a problem with the DVD/VCR
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: I don't have an issue with the Samsung. I had an older Samsung (15 years old) no issues. It started with the new TV
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me please what cable you are using to connect the your player to your TV?

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.