TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I recently purchased a new Samsung Series 6 smart TV. I

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a new Samsung Series 6 smart TV. I hooked up my Magnavox DVD/VCR player (MDV560VR) to the new TV. I was trying to play a DVD and the picture is black and white. I can't figure out why it won't go to color. I think I've tried everything. Is DVD/VCR too old for the new TV?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's brand new, Samsung Series 6 UN50MU630DFXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works. I only have a problem with the DVD/VCR

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I don't have an issue with the Samsung. I had an older Samsung (15 years old) no issues. It started with the new TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/19/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me please what cable you are using to connect the your player to your TV?

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.