TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Screen goes black turn it off then on every thing is ok. I…

Screen goes black turn...

Screen goes black turn it off then on every thing is ok

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes, i got new box from Comcast have extra tv box i switched boxes on tvs the one tv still goes black

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. Comcast came out today installed new lines outside and inside . new modem Comcast guy says it is the tv

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

lnt5265fx/xaa

Thanks for the info

- Can you connect a different video source such as DVD player etc to the TV as a test to see if the problem still occurs?

no

No to what?

Can't connect a DVD to the TV?

OR problem doesn't occur while watching DVD?

i can not connect dvd. still have black screen problem

We are in troubleshooting process to determine what is wrong

- Does the screen glow/ show any light or any graphics appear?

- Do you get sound from TV speakers while the screen is black?

screen is all back sound stays on all time

ah OK, it is backlight failure and the backlight inverter/ power supply board will need to be replaced on the TV to resolve the problem. Please click the following link to view the power supply/ inverter board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/lnt5265fx/xaa

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

i give you a 5 star rating

Thanks, ***** ***** see a submit button on top of this page along with 5 stars?

Shahid
Shahid, Technician