TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 48” samsung series 5 5200 smart tv and all of a…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 48” samsung series 5 5200 smart tv and all of a sudden, there is a approx 5” wide white strip from top to bottom about 12” in from the left side. The tv is 13 1/2 months old so out of warranty.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 12”?

Don’t understand your question.....the white strip is about 5” wide about 12” in from the left side

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything seems to work, it just has that wide area that have a snowy look.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 12"? What happened right before this?

Don’t understand what you mean by my 12”?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that will do thanks

3/19/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Could you take a photo of this and upload via the "add files" button your end please?

Anthony

I won’t be able to add a pic until tomorrow. I am not at that house right now but will be tomorrow afternoon.

Thats OK there is no time limit thanks

I do have a pic on my phone but it’s an old flip phone. Is there a way to send that to you?

You need to use the "add files" button your end

I will take a pic later today and send it on to you

ok

Please read carefully what I am putting down ,the problem you have is the LCD panel (screen)is bad now to me it does not look like a physical damage issue but a problem with the panel ITSELF .....this is serious ......you MUST ring samsung and if you have no warranty complain vehemently they probably will help because you are only a month outside and this is the worse thing that can happen

1-800-SAMSUNGMon - Fri : 8AM -12 AM (EST)Sat - Sun : 9AM -11 PM (EST)

Let me know what happens

The tv has seen no rough service. Just set it on the stand 13 months ago and turned it on sunday and this is what we have. Thank you for the reply and the advice. I will call Samsung tomorrow morning, and thanks for the phone number.

Yes I am sorry but this is about the worst situation you can be in if you do not have warranty,the thing is you MUST emphasize that this should NOT happen the panel should have lasted much longer and basically writes off the set, let me know what they do thanks

I will let you know as soon as I know! Thanks.

OK thanks

Well, after about 2 hrs total time on the phone with 3 or 4 different Indian or Pakistani’s, Samsung will do absolutely nothing for me! They gave me the name of a local tv repair service and after I told them the problem, they will waive the $50 fee to diagnose the problem if I let them have the set for parts......not much choice. Thanks for your help.

You already know the problem however there is a chance it could be the t-con board that drives the LCD panel ,I have kept this back as I was hoping samsung would help you for the worst case scenario,it s however likely to be the panel but there is say a 30% chance the t-con board is bad, if you want to explore that you will be charged $50_$75 www.tvrepairpros.com will locate an approved tech in your area

I am sorry they did not help in my opinion they should have

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Thanks Anthony. I will let the repair shop take a look and see what they come up with. Will leave you 5 star review.....

Thank You

Please ring around for repair options some are better than others thanks again

Anthony