TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Top 8” of tv screen is darker than terlst of screenwhen i go…

Customer Question
Top 8” of tv...

Top 8” of tv screen is darker than terlst of screenwhen i go to a differentinput for amazon tv picture is perfect

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 8”?

Top 8 inches of my 55 jinch yes red yellow white

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not for 7-8 days plus i have a generator

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I installed a dvd player yesterday

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/19/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Lg55A7400. Xfinity hd dvr Dvpsr210p dvd player installed yesterday

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result