TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a tv,40 sony LCD KD with, I think the model #d67

Customer Question
I have a tv,40...

I have a tv,40 sony LCD KD with, I think the model #d67 m13870000 or RM-YD024 which is located on the Sony control. When I hit input I can scroll up or down to TV. but scroll will not stop at video 1,2, or 3. but scroll goes back to H.D,M.L 1 next to which a blue arrow is located. This is the only blue arrow on the screen. Thanks for your consideration. john

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sony TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/19/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

model 3-298-456-02 I am on cable and have a DVD player attached

Please recheck the model number that would start with KDL-xxxxx or something similar

KDL40V4100

Thank you

Just to clarify, you're unable to select video 1,2, or 3 on the TV, is this correct?

correct

It seems video 1,2, or 3 have been skipped/ disabled and you can enable them by going into TV menu

Press Home on Sony remote and go to Settings option then find the External Inputs settings option, highlight the desires input (for example, Video-1 or 2 etc) and set Enable setting to Always, needs to select every desired input in that list to enable it as Always

This way you can select that inputs on Input Source List

Please reply back with the result. Click the following link to download TV user manual copy and check page-41 for more details

https://docs.sony.com/release/kdl40v4100.pdf

Thanks

I am at External Inputs and have highlighted video 1 and in the box I have a yellow circle and what looks like a lock next to the circle. When I press on the inner circle surrounding home, input etc. the message comes up available when the device is connected next to the yellow box.

OK, it seems a glitch in settings, lets try to restore the TV to default settings

1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.

Are the Video inputs available now?

By the supplied remote do you mean the Sony remote

Yes, please use Sony remote

I am at step 3 and it says allow 30+ min to complete. Pressing side arrows will cancel Auto Program.
channels found
analog 0
Digital 0
searching

If TV isn't connected to an antenna then no need to run auto program/ channel scan and simply cancel it

Push the input button to select correct input to get the cable box picture

channel Results
Antenna channels found
0
0
I would like to but don,t have the money at the moment. Thanks

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

The screen now says step 4 are you sure you want to restart Auto Program?
Yes is highlighted.

Highlight No to cancel this step if there is no antenna connected to the TV

I went through the process and did as instructed. After pressing input the same situation exists. I must have made a mistake.
john

This is odd, can you connect a video source (DVD player etc) to the Video-1 input of the TV and check if it is available now on input list to select?

I stared the dvd player and it is on with a dvd in it. The scroll will not stop on video. it scrolls back to where tv is highlighted and when I hit the down button it scrolls to hdml 1 and msnbc comes on. I am at settings and found parental lock and they are asking for a password ***** says select to enter password ***** enable selection. I don't know the password. Help

ah OK, resetting should have cleared the parental password ***** this TV is a surprise!

Put 4357 (master password) to clear the old password

it says invalid password ***** try again I did 4 times

4357 is a master password ***** this model that should always work to clear any old/ forgotten parental password

I found the password ***** luck and changed it so I now have the password. It says select to change password. We have a yellow box with a wrench in it.

Nice, change the password ***** an easy one like 1234 etc or even turn Off the parental control option to get rid of that yellow lock

How do I turn it off

Do you see any option in Parental Lock Settings to set it Off?

no

This is very odd, please reset the TV one more time to restore it to default settings, let me put the procedure again

1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the Sony remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.

step 2 says are you sure you want to skip Auto Program Do I say yes?

Yes, please

select skip

it won't let me select skip just yes

Thats what I mean, select Yes to skip auto program

I am on hdml 1 and the screen has gone black.
it is back on now.

What is connected to HDMI input of the TV?

OK, nice

Now check the actual issue of video-1, 2 and 3 inputs on the TV

Just the dvd

OK, Now check the actual issue of video-1, 2 and 3 inputs on the TV

It does not stop on video.

Sorry to hear that, we have tried all of the user-level fixes and it seems it is not a wrong setting issue but a hardware related failure, such as mainboard internal problem and the mainboard replacement is the next option at this point to resolve the issue, sorry for this news

Mainboard is one where all video inputs are located, please click the following link to view the board image and part number info to search/ google it to get the price info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony/kdl-40v4100

Taking the TV to repair shop would cost more than a new replacement TV of the same size, however, you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

One last question: how do I try to get the parental lock off. One last try Please

In Parental Lock settings option on TV menu, if you set the rating Off that means parent control lock is Off

I hope this info will help

Thanks