TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Visio M550VSE showing bright with preceptible verticle bands…

Visio M550VSE showing bright white...
Visio M550VSE showing bright white haze with preceptible gray verticle bands on right half of screen. The left half is normal. Images are visiblethrougout screen although visually obscured on the right half by the white haze. My 1st reaction was to replace the t-con board which did not change anything. See attached Pics.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control is the menu ITSELF affected on the right half?

Menu, Imput selection, and volume slider are all hazed over white where they are on the right side of the screen. Visible and readable but a distinct bright white haze covering the entire right half of the screen.

I am afraid the panel (screen)is bad here sorry for bad news

Let me know what you think here

you are saying i can take the tv apart enough to reveal the ribbon cables that connect to the edge of the screen and play with them a bit to see if that makes any change in the image, right?

You could do that but I doubt you will have any success this is a common issue in many guises with modern flat panel Tv the panel itself cannot be repaired

Gotcha, will play with it and let you know

OK thanks

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician