TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote control no longer works, I did place new batteries…

Customer Question
My remote control no...

My remote control no longer works, I did place new batteries without improvement to the problem

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Not sure. Where could I find that information?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

None. the TV does not respond to any. I can turn the TV on/off at the base of the screen, but the TV does not respond to the remote at all. I have a Samsung DVD player and am able to have some function using that remote . I cannot however access the Smart Hub :(

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Unable to access model number. TV flat against wall. A Samsung DVD player is attached. Satellite also. The TV is a flat screen approximately 54 inches diagonally , 42 inches horizontally. It is relatively new, maybe 2 years old.
I do not wish to incur additional charges, you may not even be able to solve the problem.

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat

/

I may be able to troubleshoot and sort out the issue but unable to put my hands on TV from here to replace any part (if it needs)