TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV has gone black nothing. Cable people tell me the cable…

My TV has gone...

My TV has gone black nothing. Cable people tell me the cable is okay it's the TV. The light is on on the bottom of the TV and blinking.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Visio 45" 8 years old I don't know the model.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We can't get anything at all. Just the light at the bottom that blinks.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

It worked one night and the next day it was nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Want to know if something can be done?

3/19/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I can't see any numbers at all on either side or back of the TV??? Cox cable and it's lite up and connect on HDM1 I've tried the others and it's still nothing.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Our phone is bad out here. We've tried all the above and nothing comes up.

OK, please try the following test and reply back with the result

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

We done all the things you suggest to no avail. This could be the TV number E422VA ? We have two Visio'sI took a flashlight and their is still nothing.
Are you still there???

I'm here and working on it, hold on, please

Thanks for TV model number E422VA and my answer is based on it

It seems the mainboard internal failure that is why the screen isn't getting video data nor the backlight turns On to glow the screen, sorry for this news. Replacement of mainboard is needed at this point to resolve the problem, please click the following link to view the mainboard image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/e422va

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Can you just tell me if it's worth repairing the TV or will it cost me more to replace these parts?

In my opinion, you would be better off with a new replacement TV rather than spending time and money on this TV's repair (E422VA model)

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician