TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lg55la6200 model. lg logo flashes for a moment, no picture,

Lg55la6200 model. lg logo...

Lg55la6200 model. lg logo flashes for a moment, no picture, then sound comes on.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LG TV?

Yes, 3 hdmi, but then I pulled out all of them except one to cable box

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Hmmm...not remembering one recently. but not uncommon here (Columbus OH)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Turning it off then on repeatedly worked yesterday: finally came on. but no such luck today. that's it.

3/19/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please tell me how old the set is roughly? Also if you use the original LG remote can you get the Input icons, or anything else to display on the screen (simply to confirm the screen itself is functional beyond the LG logo)?

Simply view my reply and send one back to proceed.

year 2013 I think. can't get to the input icons. so the lg logo comes up for a "split" 1/10th of a second, then goes dark. then I'll get sound from the cable input. when I turn the tv off, there is a split second, very faint, shot of the tv screen/channel/news show I was on.

Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure it's the TV itself- you're trying the LG brand remote to get the Input to display (not the cable/satellite remote), correct?

only using the original LG brand remote, correct.

Okay thank you. Unfortunately that points to a fault in the screen's backlighting and generally requires repairs made to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you having the same problem?

will do...now I have to find the power switch on the TV!!! never used it!! do you know offhand?

Offhand it is generally directly below the LG power light, or located on the lower left hand rear corner of the set (check both sides).

hi. I tried it once with no change (no picture); and now will try it again, as you suggest. will take me one more minute to do the second try.

Thank you for the reply and I'll be standing by.

tried twice now. looks like a bigger problem. given that new tv's are pretty inexpensive. I'm going to replace this one, I think, do you agree. cost of repair is probably going to exceed $100 anywhere I go...

I'm sorry to hear that, and yes- this correlates to either a failed power supply/LED driver board in the set (commonly a $250 repair), or at worst- a failure of the LED lighting strips in the screen itself- which is over $400 to repair. Given the cost of repairs vs. the cost of a new TV these days, it doe snot make sense to put that kind of money into this set and I would recommend replacement over repairs unfortunately.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Thanks, Aric!

You're welcome Claude and best of luck!