TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We purchased a 50” Visio just 3 months ago after having a…

We purchased a 50”...

We purchased a 50” Visio just 3 months ago after having a 42” for over 10 years. Intermittently it freezes then turns itself off then on again. We a

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Visio?

So get the following screen at some point almost every day.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t know when I updated

3/19/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

These symptoms unfortunately indicate a failure of the Vizio's Mainboard- which is not uncommon in their newer sets (since they've been bought out). The only thing on a user level you can try is to unplug the TV's power cord, then press and hold the power button located on the lower left hand rear corner of the TV (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release, then wait a minute and plug the set back in. This resets the processor and can oftentimes cure the issue you're having.

However if the issue goes beyond that this does indeed require repairs made by Vizio and in that case you would need to contact them using the info posted below and start a warranty repair ticket on the set:

VIZIO

To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at [email protected]VIZIO.com or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIOTechnical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Thank you

You're welcome. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician