TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The device that turns on the TV ( the little black box)

The device that turns...

The device that turns on the TV ( the little black box) doesn't work. I have to to the reset button.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model # c51-700, I have to go down stairs to find the make.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No everything is fine, except this one device. It did it the first day if installation and I had to call the installer back to fix it and that when I find out about the reset.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your C51-700? What happened right before this?

Since I started Direct TV a couple of years at least. Nothing happened before this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it I guess.

3/19/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

How old is your c51-700 box?

Have you tried asking Direct TV for a replacement?

thanks but I got a new one

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Have a great day,

Pete.

Pete, Electronic Engineer