TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a a Samsung tv. Not sure of the model, and I’m

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a a Samsung tv. Not sure of the model, and I’m looking to connect a Sanyo DVD player to it, but am unable to use the remote t o get to the dvd icon. Can u help me

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Where do I find that info?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

Im using my Xfinity remote: tv,hdmi1, screen mirroring

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what tv expert needs.

3/19/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you see the model number on the rear of the TV?

Or can you see a model number on the remote?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please call. No number visible o remote . Tv on wall mount. Unable to pull pull tv off the wall.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pete., I have wires attached to the wall mount , but but the colors exceed the new Sanyo dvd unit I just purchased. How do we proceed for connection?

You can ignore any automated phone call offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me.

Can you see a model number on the remote?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
bn59-01178w

Ensure the DVD player is connected and powered on, then press the SOURCE button near the top of your remote control repeatedly until you see the DVD screen displayed.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Stand by
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Which remote? I have Xfinity remote which gives me a choice for, “tv input”. Will not light up av
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Option.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unable to use Samsung remote...only Xfinity remote. Which will not let me access dvd option.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can get “component” on Xfinity remote. Wires won’t work with Sanyo unit

The bn59-01178w remote.

Can you use the bn59-01178w remote to change source?

If not, try pressing the input/source button on the TV's control panel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No . I do not know where tv control panel is. 60 “ tv is already wall mounted.

Where is the bn59-01178w remote control?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In my hand. However, this remote does not control tv. Xfinity remote controls tv & will not access dvd icon on Samsung,

The bn59-01178w is a Samsung remote control. Why does it not control the TV? What does it belong to?

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can u call me?(###) ###-####

Yes but does the bn59-01178w remote work for the TV? Without using it or the control panel buttons on the TV you will not be able to change the input source - the Xfinity remote will not work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let’s quit. Tx Pete.

ok

Pete, Electronic Engineer