TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio TV Model: M551d-A2 And a Visio 5.1 Sound Bar:

Customer Question
I have a Vizio...

I have a Vizio TV Model: M551d-A2
And a Visio 5.1 Sound Bar: Model: S4251w-B4

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Vizio

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Both my vizio and DirecTV remotes move the volume lights on the soundbar but no sound emits

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

An optical cable connects

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Was this working before and stopped? Or is this the first time setting it up please...

Worked in past. Not sure when it stopped as tv speakers were turned on

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer without my consent. What do you mean "as tv speakers were turned on"?

Elaborate on this please: " it stopped as tv speakers were turned on"

My tv has imbedded speakers. At some time they were turned back on. I noticed the sounbar wasn’t working when surrounded sound was missing

So right now, is there ANY sound at all- be it from the TV speakers OR the soundbar? I'm simply trying to determine if your programming is silent right now....

I have checked the op. Cable connections

I read that above....

Are the TV's built in speakers working "right now" or is everything dead silent please??

Tv sound is good from vizio remote. DirecTV remote cannot control Tv volume. That also needs to be fixed
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Are you able to get sound out of the soundbar from anything at all, even a phone/tablet via bluetooth or the aux connections?