Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

We have a year old LG OLED 55E6P which has a black line down

Customer Question

Hi. we have a year old LG OLED 55E6P which has a black line down the middle and static noise and white screen with the tv show showing underneath Any hints?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LG TV?
Customer: Sorry, i'm the wife getting blamed for this and I can't move the tv to look behind it. We have a cable box, so there is a line i can see that isn't the power,
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: i don't think so.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, we saw a message that it was running screen clear ? then it turned itself off, went away and came back about an hour later same condition, no message, and turned itself off. its been abougt 3 hours now with no action.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Richard - I am Jan's husband.We tried your suggestion, but the issue continues.I have two pieces of information that may help better describe the unit's condition. First, the cable's image is complete, but is overlaid by what looks like a mesh of white lines (very orderly snow). This mesh is in two parts, left and right. What my wife described as a black line is a small separation between these left and right squares along a thin vertical split of a darker color.The most interesting thing about this is that when I turn the cable box's power off and no longer receive a station signal, the white overlay continues to display on the screen. Then when I turn the television off from its own remote and the red "off" light is lit, the white overlay remains on the screen for an additional 60 seconds. In fact, sixty seconds exactly. Then the screen goes to black. The power to the television remains connected throughout this process.I have a photo of the screen during a broadcast which I am sending along with this note.Thank you for your time and attention.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thanks

Can you try a different cable fro the cable box to the TV, does this help at all?