TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung 32" Smart TV model UN32EH5300FXZA. I set…

I have a Samsung 32"...
I have a Samsung 32" Smart TV model UN32EH5300FXZA. I set the password ***** prevent anyone from messing with the settings. That was a few years ago. Now my network settings have changed so I need to get into my settings on the TV. But, I don't have a clue what the password ***** set back then is. I've tried everything that I can think of. Nope.
I talked to Samsung support awhile back to see if there is a way to reset the password ***** bypass it. They said no. The tv is registered with them. I am the original owner and registered it with the serial number the day I bought it.
Is this true that there is no way of resetting or bypassing the password? There has to be a workaround or something, isn't there?
How about a crowbar type of thing? I don't care if it leaves it with the password ***** unuseable. As a matter of fact, I would prefer it was that way.
3/19/2018
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name Martin and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Samsung TV
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
What you can try is a Factory reset. Which goes as follow.
Turn TV off
Push on the remote the following button in that sequence relatively quickly "Mute" , "1" , "8" , "2" and "Power". After that the factory mode screen should appear on your screen after about 10s. If not turn it off again and try again. If you see the Factory mode screen, then press the "Ok" ( located in between the arrows up,down,left,right). The top left corner should say now Factory reset. Then press the "Ok" twice. The TV should turn off. If not and the TV has a blue screen just unplug the power cord and plug it back in. Now the TV should come up with the initial setup screen when you purchased the TV. Now just set it back up and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks
Thank you Martin for your answer. I'm just now checking for my answers on justanswer.com.
It's been a long, hard day and evening.
But, here I am.
I will try the Factory Reset right now and be back to let you know how it goes.
Thanks!
You are very welcome. Good luck
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as it is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Good morning, please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks. Have a great day
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician