TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a banner at the bottom of the screen that wont go away.

Customer Question
Have a banner at...

Have a banner at the bottom of the screen that wont go away

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes it connected to direct tv

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I clicked on one of the NCAA games and it turned HMDI off and I had to change it back from tv to hmdi then this menu came up and i cant get rid of it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/19/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What does the banner say? Can you take a picture of it, so I can see?

it shows setting such as timer on/off doybesound hmdi etc sorry spelling is off
i was told its demo mode

What's the model number from the back of the TV?

i cant get to the back, its a 42" hitachi

Sorry, but I need to know which model it is. Hitachi has made hundreds of 42 inch TVs. I need the model number so I can look up the instructions for you to remove the banner.

how do i cancel this service please