TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have smart TV but cannot figure out how to plug in a Sony…

Have smart TV but...

Have smart TV but cannot figure out how to plug in a Sony headset

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

I have to look it up-give me a minute

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model number UN50KU6300F-the TV works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN50KU6300F-THE? What happened right before this?

Nothing-we cant find a place to plug it in

3/18/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Is this a wireless headset system, with red/white jacks on the transmitter/base?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nathan: This is s Sony wireless with no re/white jacks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't want to switch to a call-thanks

I am not asking for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

What connections do you see on the transmitter/base unit for the sony? There would be red/white rca jacks and/or a headphone style plug?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
headphone style-the only other things on the pack is the input plug and a button for changing channels

Thanks,

The short answer is that you can't use headphones with the tv directly. This is actually the case for all modern tvs. It can be done, but some additional equipment is required.

The reason for this is that all modern tv's are digital, and because of copyrights and digital rights management/copy protection, so tv's cannot have any analog outputs, which is what a headphone jack would be.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that, you can then connect the 3.5mm minijack/headphone cable for the transmitter unit.

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nathan:thanks for the quick reply-will give it t try
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do they make digital headseats

There are some digital headset systems that will accept the optical connection directly, so you don't need the adapter then,

if you want to go that route, here is one I'd suggest: http://amzn.to/2pofa53

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer