TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No power. When unplugging the main board from power supply…

Customer Question
Yes Technician's Assistant: Have...

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

When unplugging the main board from power supply the tv has power

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

P50hdtv10a
I ordered a power supply repair kit that contains 9 capacitors and soldered it on the power supply
Same results
There is no stand by light either

- Please provide bit more details on what does the TV do when disconnecting the mainboard?

- What are the original symptoms of the TV?

Originally the tv was working fine until I Hattie’s hooking up my tv to my computer I barely tapped the serial cord to the tv and it had a little spark then the shut off

ah OK, mainboard would have been damaged due to that spark

Have you replaced it?

the symptoms is still the same
When I unplug the main board from the power supply the tv turns on but there’s no picture u can see the back light is on
But on the logic board 2 out of the 4 green light is on

Did you get identical replacement mainboard having the same part number as of old mainboard?

I have no idea what else is causing it, let me opt out to repost this question for other techs to look into, hopefully, someone will soon respond to assist you further

Thanks

how long I have to wait for the next tech
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hello