TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have NS-40D420NA18. Last week, I received a scam email…

I have NS-40D420NA18. Technician's...

I have NS-40D420NA18.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Last week, I received a scam email stating they scammer had compromising video of a family member and would send to social contacts unless money was paid. I'm thinking this is as bluff. Is this even possible with this TV? Is it even connected to the internet? Is there even an internal camera? Insignia, model number above. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works, but I see nothing about an internet connection or a camera.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Insignia? What happened right before this?

Nothing. Please see above.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

3/18/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Insignia NS-40D420NA18 TV is just a regular LCD TV that doesn't have any camera nor it has the capability to connect to the internet, there is no way around to capture a video through this TV, please ignore that scammer email that is totally bluff

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician