TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Polaroid 55gtr300 bacfk light only blinks. I have a VOM but…

polaroid 55gtr300 bacfk light...

polaroid 55gtr300 bacfk light only blinks. I have a VOM but need test points to test. I also got a power board on from ebay but it does the same thing as well as a new TCON.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 55GTR300?

1 yr

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes if I shine a flash light on it while on and hit the menu button I do see the menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55GTR300? What happened right before this?

Don't know a friend gave it to me as it did not work

3/18/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Please tell me the part numbers of the parts you've installed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tp.ms3393.p0321 & 13Y-S120PA3DMB3C2LV0.1 T-CON BOARD - T626

Thanks. How fast is the backlight blinking? Is it fast, like a strobe light?

OK then the problem is almost certainly with the LEDs themselves behind the screen. This is the only suitable answer as you have already replaced all of the circuits that could possibly be causing this.

The LEDs can be replaced fairly easily. The part number is(###) ###-####/***-***-****H, but you should examine your LED strips first to make sure that part number is ***** on them. There is a good video >>HERE<< to help you with replacing them. That video isn't your exact model, but it's plenty close enough. A full set of all 12 LED strips should be about $75.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.