TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own a 4K Samsung model#un65js9500fxza. The picture went…

Good day. I own...

Good day. I own a 4K Samsung model#un65js9500fxza. The picture went out. The screen is black, the sound is working. What do I need to do to get it working again? Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your UN65JS9500FXZA?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. But I was about to play my ps4. I cut on the ps4, then I cut on the tv. Opposite of what I usually do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can see slight shadows on the screen when on. Very slight.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you have the original Samsung remote that came with the tv?

If you press MENU on that remote, do you see anything on the screen?

I have an original remote. But no response.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

No change.

Is the tv covered by any extended warranty?

Or can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. Let me know if I can help you find a trusted shop near you.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Are you going to DIY or need local repair shop?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

Thank you, ***** ***** was pretty certain as to the extent of the problem. I’ve thought to try my hand at it. However, a nearby professional might be best. One that would come on sight would be better.
A local repair shop

You're welcome. Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

And in order to help you find a shop in your area, I will need your zip code please.

23237

Got it, give me a few minutes please.

http://www.pncrva.com/

(###) ###-####/p>***** Richmond, VA 23236
Thank you.

You're Welcome.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician