TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to hang a SANSUNG TV on wall mount that is already…

I want to hang...

I want to hang a SANSUNG TV on wall mount that is already installed and need to know the 4 screws sizes that go in the back to mount... the TV is a 40” 5 series M5300

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 40”?

JUST BOUGHT IT FORM Target.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Not the problem... i am looking for the size of 4 screws that go in the back to mount...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 40"? What happened right before this?

Just bought it —— looking for the size of screws that go in the back to mount it....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No—- only the size of screws that go in the back to mount...

3/18/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you needing to know the size of the bolts to use for the wall bracket? Or for the original samsung tabletop stand?

Need to know screw size on the back of TV so i can use wall moistness that is already there....
I am just needing to know the 4 screws that go in the back of the TV so i can mount it on the wall - has i want to use the old wall mount i already have...
I should say —- the size of the 4 screws that go in the back of the TV so i can mount it on old mount that is already installed.... just need to know the size that go in the back of the TV...

Got it, thanks for clarifying,

That is going to be an M6 screw,

the depth needed will really depend how thick your mount bracket is,

the hole depth is 10mm, so a screw size of M6x12 or M6x14 would be appropriate.

Happy to call if you need more discussion on this, but didn't want to cost you more for a quick simple answer here if not needed, just let me know.

Nathan, Installer
Phone call session started

Thank you for the call,

Ok - this is ridiculous.... i have bought every screw know and still can not mount my TV.... what do i need to do?I really don’t want to buy a sansung TV mount...
Never mind ——- i am going to return this TV for a Visio....

Did the M6 screw not fit?

That is the standard for a 40 inch samsung.

If it is not working by chance, please give me the actual model number of the tv.

SKU####-##-####MATERAIL # UN40M5300AFXZA
UPC# *****

Thanks, ***** ***** is the correct size.

Did you get a fine or coarse thread? It should be just the standard machine screw thread.

If it seems to small, then they bumped this model up to an M8, which is the only other size samsung uses, though they don't always bother to update theri specs and technical documenation.