TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 43" Visio smart tv that is about 2 years old.

Customer Question
I have a 43"...

I have a 43" Visio smart tv that is about 2 years old. Suddenly after being on for about an hour, the picture suddenly darkens making if very difficult to see. Adjusting the picture via the remote does not help lighten it.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

D43-d2

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

All, picture just real dark, not gone.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/18/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

One minute please while I research this model...

Ok

This could be defective back lights inside the screen, quite common. But you could try replacing the boards inside the tv first, they cost $55. Here is a link:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=d43-d2+kit

You can reply back here if you get stuck during the repair... If you cannot DIY then unfortunately using a local repair shop will cost more than a new 43" tv because labor is very expensive.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Thanks for your help, the good news is I bought it at Walmart two years ago and also purchased the 3-year warranty package!

Excellent. They will likely replace the tv for you. Time to call them and get the process started..

You're welcome.... Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page