TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a blinking yellow and light and the tv shut off. It's…

I have a blinking...

I have a blinking yellow and green light and the tv shut off. It's tell me that the lamp door is open. What's the problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Mistibushi 82646,2012

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Mitsubishi? What happened right before this?

It has been a issue since we have owned the tv

3/18/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

I am waiting to hear from you no phone call

There is no model number 82646. Are you able to get to the back of the tv and get the correct model number?

wd-82642

Thanks. That is valid.

Did the problem start after replacing the lamp?

Have you ever replaced the lamp?

Look closely at the blinking LED. Is it blinking in a repeating pattern? Like:

3 red, 4 yellow, repeat

5 red, 7 yellow, repeat

etc

What is your pattern?

it is blinking all yellow, after it shut off
it blink about 7 times

SLOW or FAST blinking yellow?

yellow is slow, green is fast

Ok, so this is in fact the lamp DOOR. Either the tab on the door is bent/broken or the lever/switch INSIDE the tv is broken or there's a loose connector INSIDE the tv. Fixing this will require precise inspection of all these components and probably parts replaced, it should be done by an authorized local repair shop. Unless you are very very experience and want to DIY (if so, let me know so I can assist you).

Let me know if I can help you find a trusted repair shop near you, or if you are going to attempt to DIY.

I'm sorry there is no easy fix, but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will still submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Are you going to DIY or need local repair shop?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

Thank you for all your help. We took the lamp door off and examined it saw no problems with it. We did notice that the fan took a while to start working and it worked for about 10 minutes and shut off again.

You're welcome. After checking the DOOR, the next step would be taking the whole back off the tv and checking the switch inside the tv.

ok, how can we tell if the switch is bad?

You will first visually check if the lever is broken. Then with the back off the tv, put the DOOR on and verify the lever is being pushed by the DOOR tab. If that is actually happening, the a meter is needed to check resistance on the connector.

Every thing seems to be working fine. Is there a sensor that helps the fan stay on to keep the bulb from over heating as long as the fan is working the tv stay on, but when the fan shut off the tv shut off.

The yellow blinking code tells you everything in the tv, including the fans, is working except the lamp door SWITCH. The entire back of the tv has to come off to check the internal door switch.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician