TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic th-75ex780a. I’m trying to set it up to…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic th-75ex780a. I’m trying to set it up to go through my sonos connect amp so I can hear the tv from my outside speakers

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Panasonic th-75ex780a. Only a week old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works. I am trying to output the sound. I have a sound bar attached through arc hdmi and it works fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TH-75EX780A? What happened right before this?

I’m just trying something new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ve been trying to connect through the headphone jack and managed to get a buzzing sound through the speakers

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The headphone jack wont' work for this purpose, it will only output audio for analog input devices which you likely aren't using at all.

Even in that case if it did work, it would cut the hdmi output.

What you'd need to do here is use the digital audio out port (fiber optic) connection on the tv instead.

This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that, you can then connect rca cables to the sonos.

Best regards,

Woukd it he better to hook it up to my tv it my foxtel is?
Or my foxtel iq

You could try hooking the sonos directly to the red/white ports on the foxel box if you wish, but that would mean you'd get only foxtel sound. If you wanted to use the apps on the tv for example for streaming then you'd need the converter for the tv.