TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn on my 60” Vizio color TV it only comes up black…

When I turn on...

When I turn on my 60” Vizio color TV it only comes up black and white

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

4 years old model #

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model # e551va yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E551VA? What happened right before this?

It’s been a couple of months. I could get color if I switched on & off except to day. I can’t get it to color

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/18/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me what you're watching when this happens?

If you bring up the vizio menus, are those showing black and white too?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
March basketball on CBS. I’ve gone to
ESPN & TBS. I have a smaller vizio up stairs and it’s in color. Now I’m watching black & white in case you want me at the tv

Yes please pull up the vizios own menu screens, are those black and white?

Can you also tell me exactly how your cable box is connected to the tv (hdmi, red/green/blue, red/white/yellow, etc)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can I find video menu
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why am. Paying 26$ when I have already paid 33$?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please don’t charge me the extra $26
I didn’t ask for anything else that is an ad from the site. Press the menu button on the vizio remote.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are 3 grey cables in back of TV. One is on red another on white the other looks green
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Every channel I switch to is black and white
Press the input button on the vizio remote and choose composite or AV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is saying cutting mode isn’t programmed you’ve move the switch on remote that is not programmed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is saying current sorry
You have to do that on the vizio remote. Not the cable remote
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At the top of the remote is a button you can move to AV1, AV 2 , TV then the TV input button is below to the leftWe now have that button to the left now TV is saying Device SelectionNow it switched back to watching basketball but still back & white
That is not the right remote. You have to use the original vizio tv remote.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay we have that remote and Hit Comp and it is grey and black lines in TV screen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are not getting a response do you have more help for us -still stuck on black & white
Then you have something connected incorrectly or it doesn’t match what you told me previously. Can you connect a hdmi cable to the box instead then set the tv to the hdmi input.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve looked in the back where no one goes. All cables are secure. For the last 2 months I could get color by turning the tv off and on. Once it came up with color I could change any color I wanted and still get color. Today I turned it on and off and could only get black & white. You say it’s a cable connection problem. Is so, why did I finally get color for 2 months by turning the on & off button until color showed up. But today nothing I do gets color. It’s black & white in all tv channels I get too so where do we go from here. I know it’s getting late for both of us and I’m not getting color. What are your thoughts. Also since you couldn’t call me I should not be charged $26. Hope to hear from you

I'm not suggesting that they aren't secure,

I'm saying you haven't given me correct or complete information. I need to know exactly what cords are connected, and where.

Exactly which color and the label on the port it is plugged in to.

Nathan, Installer
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can we have conversation at 2 pm. I have obligations and won’t be home by TV until then. Thank you Bob Pagett
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nathan. I am obligated until 2pm but can I send you pictures of my TV connections at 2pm and resume our conversation to help fix my TV? You have the same name as my grandson who was the backup quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl. Thank you Bob Pagett

It appears another tech accepted your phone call so they would be the ones to provide the call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

I am ready for a phone call. Please call 4xxxxxxx-7653. Thank you Bob Pagett

Hi Bob, a different tech accepted your call request, not me. They are responsible for calling you. I cannot do so, I'm limited to helping you via the chat here if you need more assistance or don't hear from them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Nathan. I have not received a call yet. I have taken pictures of the back side of my TV so you could see the connections but can’t email to a website Do you have an email address ( besides the noreply one) or a mobile number I can send these pictures to? Then wecoud chat! Thanks for any help you can give me. Bob Pagett

You should have an upload/attach/paperclip button and can send the info to me here that way.

I'll let customer service know about the call issue to see if I can either call you or at least get you refunded for the call you did not receive

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sent the photo attachments but your only email says [email protected] Justanswer.com. Bob Pagett

Hi Bob, are you still available? I can give you a call now if it isn't too late.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Nathan. I just saw your message. It’s not too late. Cal me at(###) ###-####

Thank you for the call, and have a great night!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are special! Thanks for your help. Bob

My pleasure, Bob

Nathan, Installer