TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My LG TV will not turn on. NO I'll try that. The Cable box…

My LG TV will...

My LG TV will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your LG TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

NO I'll try that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The Cable box comes on but the TV will not stay on or have any picture or sound

3/18/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

2015
65"
OLED
Model number is *****
It is LG TV

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv itself, not remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

The white light under LG symbol blinked slowly 3 times then off. Not sure if TV is on. Still no picture or sound

If you have the original LG remote, try to pull up the TV MENU.

Pushed the main menu button but nothing on TV

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (depends greatly on your electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. Let me know if you want help finding a trusted local repair shop.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Thanks. You get 5 stars

You're welcome. Apologies again for confirming the bad news.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician