TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have and black lines in my tv picture. I was told it wa…

Customer Question
I have green and...

I have green and black lines in my tv picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I was told it wa the dlp chip so I replaced the whole board cause th chip was built into the board

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Did you have green and black lines BEFORE you replaced the board?

Can you get me the model number of the set found on the back of the set?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wd-73640

Press the MENU button of the sets OWN remote control are the lines OVER the menu?or BEHIND it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when it gets warm the green lines stop
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was

PLEASE DO NOT GUESS ON THE ABOVE CHECK I DO NEED TO KNOW

Yes it was" I have no idea what you mean by that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the lines are there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the tv warms up the lines go away

Forget that for now you do not know what I am asking for, if you try another input like a DVD player is it the same using that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it does the same thing when I plug he DVD player in it has green lines when I play the game it has green lines in it

Are the lines moving?or are they static?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Moving

In that case it wont be the dlp chip bad,its likely its a power-board issue

Can you take a photo of the power-board and upload it here using the "add files" button?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to take it apart I have the old one out already if u wanna see that one

No that is NOT the power=board, the power-board has the power-cord going to it

TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different expert here. It looks like Anthony had to step away. What's the part number on the board you installed, and where did you get it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got it from shop jimmy and I dnt know the part number I put everything back together already
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It should of been 00.ld311g001

Was it $40?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yep

The $40 doesn't come with the DLP chip installed. If >>this<< is the one you got, then you need to move the chip from your old board to the new one.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dnt see where it can b removed at it looks like it's glue to it

I will upload a guide for you. Stand by a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did remove it and put it on the new one that explained why it got worse then wat it was

OK, please >>click here<< to view the guide.

The guide is in depth. Start from the beginning and make sure you've tripled checked all steps. Even good technicians have to redo the steps a few times to get everything right.