TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 55 inch LG flat screen tv and the picture started…

Customer Question
I have a 55...

I have a 55 inch LG flat screen tv and the picture started just flashing on and off. Is it fried?

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

I think its 4 years old its a 55L B5900

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes Ive tried everything I can think of with the same results.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

Well it just started today but it seems everything I try makes no difference. At first it was slow and then began to just flash

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Well I'm hoping that he can fix it here at my home. I feel that its a card or board that has gone bad and maybe he can pull the back and replace it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Mike, yes I can chat now.

Have you tried unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Mike I'm pretty sure I will need you to come out because it just keeps flashing. Hopefully you can repair it cheaper than a new tv.

We do not come out. We are an independent online support site. I can look up some repair shops in your area then you can call them and arrange for one of them to come out. Just provide your zip code.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried that for several minutes and it was the same when I turned it back on.
Ok well I have seen the Geeksquad trucks in the neighbor hood and thought that was you.
Sorry to bother you.

No bother. Would you like to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page?

Louie, Technician