TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Black screen but has sound I have a hitachi. HDMI cable to…

Black screen but has...

Black screen but has sound I have a hitachi

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Hitachi TV?

HDMI cable to the cable box and DVD player was playing fine earlier turned the tv off and and came this what happened

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all

3/17/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

the model number is ***** it a hitachi and I bought it from sam's club
ITS an LCD RUKU tv

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

ok hold on

Sure will.

Nothing comes up stl black screen
Still a black screen

Does the TV MENU show up on the screen if you use the original LG remote that came with the tv AND/OR the button on the tv itself?

nothing comes up the screen is black you can't see anything and we are using the remote that came with the tv

Is your tv covered by any extended warranty?

Or can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. Let me know if I can help you find a shop near you.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

i don't have any electronic experience but if its internal is it the video card that is gone. It has sound just no picture and it was working fine this morning
I can plug in a tv etc or could figure out stuff it given what I need to do.

It is not possible for anyone to say if it is "the video card". There are several possibilities. The tv needs to be opened up, tested with a meter live voltage, then parts ordered.

oh ok then
what is a round about cost for all of this based on previous experience
Do you know of any reputable places in Ga, augusta

Parts and labor will be around $350-$400.... Let me check that area.

Sears Service(###) ###-####3450B Wrightsboro Rd, Augusta, GA 30909

Augusta Tv Service(###) ###-####4015 Washington Road Suite D, Martinez, GA 30907

Don't forget to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Thanks.

ok thanks

You're welcome.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician