TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No picture or sound although power is getting through

No picture or sound...

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

M220MV

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

NO
indicator light is solid

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I just unplugged both

OK, please replug both after 10 minutes and reply back with the result

no change after restoring power to cable box and tv

Sorry to hear that, working on it, get back to you in few minutes

- Does the screen glow/ show backlight when turning TV power On?

no

OK, unfortunately, it seems the mainboard internal failure that needs to be replaced, please click the following link to view the main board image and part number info to search/ google it if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/m220mv

Since TV is an old model so it could be hard to procure it, if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV and I would recommend investing in a new TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Thanks