TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Volume stop working, Yes, Worked last night when I went to…

Volume stop working Technician's...

Volume stop working

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Worked last night when I went to bed and I’m using hdmi cable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Mute is of I tried all deferent channels also still no sound

3/17/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

or call me
Hello

Please try this:

-leave the tv On
-unplug the cable box POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 30 seconds then plug in the box power cord and manually turn it on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

We have direct tv so hang for a sec while it reboots itself

Sure, I will be here.

It worked last night when we turned it off but turned it on today no volume

Excellent!

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Nope that did not work have awesome picture but no volume

Ok, reseat (UNPLUG and REPLUG) all the hdmi/audio/video cables on the back of the tv AND the back of the Directv box.

It didn’t work

Reseat (UNPLUG and REPLUG) all the hdmi/audio/video cables on the back of the tv AND the back of the Directv box.

I have done that still no volume

Besides Directv box, what else is connected to the tv? If there is nothing, the next step here is going to be- borrow something and connect it to test if the volume works.

Hang on

ok

Ok that’s weird I went to Netflix and I have volume what the heck?

So the tv is likely Ok....

Try a NEW set of connection cables from the box to the tv.

Try a DIFFERENT hdmi port on the Tv.

Try a DIFFERENT Directv box.

I don’t know what happened but I got out of Netflix and back to direct tv and now I have volume if it happens again do I need to call direct tv?

I would start with a NEW hdmi cable and trying a DIFFERENT hdmi port on the tv.

Ok thanks for your help so I’m not connected to a monthly charge with this service am I?

Hmm, actually I am just a technician assigned to help you with technical issues. I am not allowed to discuss billing, so please see the website help pages for anything related to that.

Ok thanks again have a blessed day

You're welcome.

Don't forget to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page before you go.

Thanks

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician