TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cannot access anything on My Panasonic TV. Power is on.

Customer Question
Cannot access anything on...

Cannot access anything on My Panasonic TV. Power is on. Power box where Scientific keeps powering off.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Panasonic TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Ok Ill try that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I tried the power bar and plugs (disconnecting and connecting) but this didn't work.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

I am

What is on the tv screen right now?

Blank. I can get HDM1 if I click TV/...at the bottom of screen. But then the "HD" disappears. Then I try Menu but still black screen.
Then I try the "Menu" button at bottom of screen, click on "Channel 4", then "OK", but nothing appears, eg, "Guide".
Hope this is clear. The usual way I access my tv programs has disappeared.
Thank you, Helene
That is, the "menu" button on my remote.

What remote are you using? Is it the original Panasonic remote that came with the tv? or one that your cable/sat company provides?

The remote I'm using is Verizon FiOS TV.

Please try this:

-leave the tv On.
-unplug the Verizon FiOS tv BOX POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 20 seconds then plug in that power cord and manually power on the box.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I did. Nothing happened, i.e. black screen.
I might add that the "Scientific Atlantic" box that controls TV, DVD, etc. goes off after a few minutes.
Sorry. I've already fixed it. Had to do with the setup -- channels. I think.
Thank you.
Helene
May be time for another tv. H