TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a VizioM43-C1 Ser # LTTWSPCR4302982. Until yesterday…

I have a VizioM43-C1...

I have a VizioM43-C1 Ser # LTTWSPCR4302982. Until yesterday Tv once turned on took about 20 min for picture to show up. Today once you hit the power button the tv tries to com on then goes off.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Com? What have you tried so far?

I called customer support with no help. I unplugged the tv and let it sit for 5 minutes unplugged then held power button for 10 seconds. Plugged tv back in still same problem with pushing power button tv light comes on then after a few seconds tv turns off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Vizio TV is about 2 years old.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what can the issue be? Just trying to narrow it down.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. Video sources are are follows. Dish TV Joey and DVD player both hooked up by HDMI.
2. Once power button is pushed on either the remote control or the TV unit it self the light comes on solid white then after 5 seconds it goes off. The back screen attempts to come on but then the TV goes off.

OK, does the screen glow/ show light or any graphics etc show up at all when turning TV power On?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, Before today you would hear sound before the picture would appear but today the tv just turns off.

OK

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No options. The TV prior to today would take 20 minutes for the picture to come on. Today the TV comes on for 3 seconds then turns off.

It seems bit serious issue as TV has got problem with the mainboard that is why it is not booting up, sorry for this news

Please click the following link to view the main board image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/m43-c1

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have an Idea on the average costs for the main board. Could this be any other of the boards like the T Board?

Mainboard costs around $70 to $85 and if you take the TV in repair shop then expect around $250 (board+labor)

If it is t-con board issue then Tv should stay On and you will get sound from Tv speakers, the screen will glow/ show backlight as well

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1.Looking at the link that you sent me the main board shows for $64.95. Listed there is the following Vizio M43-C1 (LTTWSPCR / LTTWSPCS Serial, SEE NOTE) Complete TV Repair Parts Kit for $54.95. Just wondering if getting the complete repair kit would be a better option, not because of the price but since you get other boards incase it may be needed?
2. In changing the main board will any of the software be affected?

Yes, getting Complete TV Repair Parts Kit would be nice, it needs to select the correct version of Complete TV Repair Parts Kit by looking at the TV serial number

No software on the TV will be affected at all, you will get first time setup on the TV after main board replacement like the TV is just out of the box

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.

Much welcome, wish you the best~

If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wonder why the bundled price is cheaper than the individual price for the complete kit?

I guess those boards are extracted from broken screen TV

But rest assured, boards would be just fine

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for the information

Much welcome!

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician