TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to get tv to antenna mode. don't have the manual and…

Trying to get tv...

Trying to get tv to antenna mode. don't have the manual and it won't give an option for antenna mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio model NJ5838 3 4 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your NJ5838? What happened right before this?

I was on a cable, now want to use an antenna

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Menu does not give to option to change receiver to antenna, although it says on options under tv menu says watch tv oor

3/17/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

It would be like M65-D0 or something like that, NJ5838 isn't a valid number

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok let me see......E191VA
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
any ideas??

Thanks for the info, working on it, get back to you in few minutes, is this OK?

When pushing the Input button on TV or its remote, what options you get on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tv hdmi1 rgb cabke

OK, please select TV option, now push the Menu button and go the Settings icon and press OK. The Settings menu is displayed.

Highlight Tuner and press OK. The Tuner Mode menu is displayed. Highlight Antenna or Cable and press OK.

Please reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok got it. Thank you

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Do you want me to close your pending phone call request now?

stevenl1469
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This must be a scam! I never spoke with a tech....ques was resolved by email with a 5 dollar fee paid and gave the tech 5star rating for his help.....then 17 hrs later I receive a taped call to hold for a tech...I did not and never spoke with anyone. If your tech can’t see the issue was resolved from review of the email traffic and calls anyway....SCAM I expect a reversal of the charge, if not will contact the better business bureau for their input, as seems there is no way to contact just answers by phone

Thanks for 5-star rating, I asked in the previous reply - Do you want me to close your pending phone call request now?

but not got any response, this is not a scam, contact customer service at(###) ###-####for any billing issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never saw that question till now. Interesting that is the only item without a time/date stamp...just say’in

ah Ok, not sure why that message didn't go through, maybe a website glitch

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok since I didn’t see it, can you contact your office and get them to remove the charge? Seems when your site says, “tech wii call you shortly....17hrs later seems...

Sure, I'll forward it to customer service to do necessary things

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That’s why you get a 5 star rating. Thank you

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician