TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote was not working I changed the battery and still…

Customer Question
My remote was not...

My remote was not working I changed the battery and still nothing

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Not sure but it is one of the first ones

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

The remote doesn't work so I can't access the menu

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 4 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** understand your remote does not work? I can give a way to test the remote do you have a cell phone with camera?

sir

Okay open the camera on your cell phone and point the remote about 10 inches away pointing towards the camera lens and push any button like the power on etc while watching the screen on the cell phone, you should see a small white dot flashing on the camera screen? let me know

OK okay I'm handicapped will take me a few minutes thank you

No problem if the remote control is working then the you should be able to see a small white dot on the camera screen when you press a button on the remote make sure you can see the end of the remote on the camera screen when you are pressing the button.

We noflashing dots

Okay then that remote control is not working if you can give me the model of the TV I can give a link to purchase a new remote if you would like?

UN55D7000LFXZA model #

Here is a link to the original Samsung remote, it is expensive, their are alternatives available I will give two links one for the original and one for a replacement type.

Click Here

Click Here