TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm having trouble connecting to YouTube on my 46sl417u. Tv.

I'm having trouble connecting...

I'm having trouble connecting to YouTube on my 46sl417u

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Tos-46sl417. 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Netflix, Pandora, etc. work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Havent tried to access YouTube in some time.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately youtube is simply not an option on this tv at this point.

The issue is that because of the age, as a 2011 model, the tv is no longer supported for most functions. This tv is over double its service life and has not been supported in terms of app and software updates for over 5 years now. The marketing agreement between toshiba and youtube that covered this model, and virtually all other tvs made prior to 2014, have expired and toshiba would not pay to renew it for an older tv, nor will they ever provide any new updates.

You can continue to use the tv for the remaining apps that may still work, but expect that they will begin to drop off over time as well.

Short of buying a new tv, your next best option to get the content you want would be to connect an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv or appletv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan, Installer