TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to figure out how add an android app to my 65"

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to figure out how add an android app to my 65" Panasonic smart tv

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

Hang on

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

T 65s60

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

Nothing I have never tried to add an app

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me what app/function you are wanting?

rose hulman front row

Thanks,

unfortunately the short answer is that you can't.

The tv does not support android apps directly.
This is a limitation of the tv itself.
The tv doesn't have flash, and can't run other plugins or extensions
so it can't handle most media based sites to use via a browser either.
You'll find this to be the case with most all smart tvs. Because their processing and memory power is limited, and they run on a specially designed firmware (operating system), they just don't have the ability to run anything a computer or other device could. They can only handle the specially designed built in apps that come pre loaded
The only real way around that is if the site/service you're wanting to use has a dedicated app offered by the manufacturer for this tv,
like youtube for example. Unfortunately due to the age of the tv, it is no longer supported and there are no new apps for it and there is no app store for it.
Your best option here would be to purchase an external streaming device to access extra content such as a roku or fire tv or appletv

and get all the same functions and many more, as well as the ability to pull up the content on your phone/tablet/computer, and display it on the tv through that device. The specific app you want is pretty obscure and isn't even available directly on these devices, at least not yet, but you could stream it to any of them through the mirroring function ona phone/tablet.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

TV Technician: stevenl1469,
 replied 4 months ago
stevenl1469
Phone call session started