TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Pioneer Pro-110fd plasma kuro elite that when it…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Pioneer...
Hello, I have a Pioneer Pro-110fd plasma kuro elite that when it starts to power up shifts into shutdown mode with two red blinking lights. I believe that this is related to the power supply, so I bought a new one and it still does the same thing. The power supply itself has an led and blinks three times. The power supply is made by Sony and its Pioneer part number is ***** 1168-B. If I unplug the y and x drive boards I get the same error. If I unplug the digital board and leave everything else plugged in the power supply does not shut down, but I get 6 blue blinking lights, which I am sure is related to the tv not detecting the digital assembly. Is it possible that my digital assembly is bad and that is causing the two red blinking lights and the shutdown?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. It's unlikely that this is being caused by the digital/main assembly. In almost every case, it is caused by a defective power supply, X-drive, or Y-drive assembly. With the power cord disconnected, you need to see if the VSUS line is shorted. You can find a VSUS pin on the power supply board, heading over to the X & Y drive assemblies. You can also find the opposite side on the X & Y assemblies themselves. If you find a short, disconnect the X & Y drive assemblies one at a time and see if you can get the short to go away. That will tell you which board is bad.

Let me know if you need more info.

I checked the resistance from the VSUS to ground for the power supply, x drive and y drive and all are O.L. On my digital multimeter. Any other ideas?

Yep, if it's not shorted then there is simply another defect on one or more of those X & Y assemblies. Often times it manifests as a burnt or melted IC. You'll want to look for pinhole burns or melted spots. Reverse the boards and check for brown spots, as well. If there are no visual defects then replacing the X & Y main assemblies is the recommended procedure, as there aren't any good "home" checks you can perform on these particular boards.